As the conference is approaching rapidly, we would like to provide you with some final practical details and reminders.
If you have not registered yet, please keep in mind that online registration is only possible till 28 January 2018 (24h). After this date, you can only register at the conference itself and need to bring the due amount in cash.
Types of registration:
- Phd candidate with Nefca membership (€180)
- Phd candidate without Nefca membership (€210)
- Academic staff with Nefca membership (€230)
- Academic staff without Nefca membership (€260)
- Student (i.e. enrolled in a Master programme and not working on a PhD) (€90)
The final programme has been uploaded on the website and will shortly be available on our app ‘Etmaal 2018’ as well, downloadable for Android (Play Store) and Apple (App Store), including the abstracts. Please check the programme for the room and hour of your presentation.
- All presentation sessions last 1 hour. Presenters have approximately 12 minutes to present, after which the session chairs will lead a discussion.
- Computers (no Apple) and technical assistance will be present in each room. We kindly request presenters to bring their presentations on a USB memory stick, preferably in a PowerPoint format (.ppt or .pptx), and upload them on the desktop computer before the session.
- Regarding language, we expect you to present in the language in which your abstract was submitted and accepted. Of course, if you agree otherwise with the session chair and your co-presenters, that is fine as well. Kindly do keep in mind that conference sessions are also attended by non-Dutch speakers.
- Please arrive at your room in advance to upload the presentation and to discuss the session with the chair.
All sessions, lunches and coffee breaks will take place at Campus Aula of Ghent University (Voldersstraat 9, 9000 Gent). The information desk for on-site registration and distribution of conference bags will also be situated at Campus Aula, in room ‘Peristilium’.
Plenary session on 8 February
We are glad to offer a definitely lively debate with scholars and practitioners on the conference theme of transcultural exchanges and communication flows, focusing on the cultural exchange and relationship between the Netherlands and Flanders. Please keep in mind that the plenary session will be in Dutch and will take place at ‘Aula Academica’ of Ghent University (Voldersstraat 9). There is also a live streaming of the plenary in ‘Filmzaal Plateau’.
We offer a walking dinner and conference party at Oude Vismijn (Rekelingestraat 5, 9000 Gent) on Thursday 8 February, from 19h onwards. We will start the evening with a warm welcome from NeFCA’s president Prof. Dr. Jeroen Jansz, followed by a short introduction to a new online platform ‘Bitescience Communication & Media’ by Prof. Dr. Moniek Buijzen and the annual award ceremony. Afterwards, you can indulge yourself in local food specialties, offering you a wide variety of meat, fish, vegetarian and vegan treats. Don’t forget to bring along your dance moves and dancing shoes as well! Interuniversity dance battles will be tolerated.